Thursday, May 22, 2008

Funny Thing

Ok, so maybe you heard me talking about this, or maybe not.

So yesterday(Wednesday) I was working with the one girl Miranda at DQ(she was homeschooled in virtual learning like me so we get along). Anyway, since she was there Bob(my main boss and the owner) thought he would go out for groceries/chores. So he asked her if she felt comfortable taking the ice cream machine apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together. She said sure no problem.

Anyway, she takes it all apart and cleans it, and sets it up. Later on we realize milk leaking out of the fridge where the ice cream is. So I clean up the mess and she kinda freaks about it. So she wants to fix the tube so it doesn't leak-which means removing it and then retightening it.

She asks me for help holding the pail for the excess so we were both standing with our faces towards it. She says "Hm... I think there's air bubbles-I hope it doesn't explo-!" And BANG! Ice cream in milk form exploded in our faces. Like I mean our faces were right beside it and there was milk everywhere.

The expression on her face was priceless, her hair was blown back, her eyes were wide, her jaw dropped open, and she had milk all over her face and in her eyes. I wasn't much better, but I had an apron on, and I couldn't see out of my glasses. It was hilarious, but I guess you had to be there. It must have been funny for Heather who heard the bang and opens the fridge to check on us and sees us both standing there with milk in our hair and all over the place.

Poor Miranda didn't know whether to laugh or cry, but I was laughing like crazy and couldn't stop all night. For the next couple hours Miranda kept touching her hair which was shiny with milk. Melissa the other manager walked in for her shift and said "Miranda, your hair looks greasy." and Miranda was like "SHUT UP!"... yeah... good times... sorry if that's boring or doesn't make sense. Had to share it, and I just finished a dozen hours of chem...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lOL LOL LOL