Saturday, October 27, 2007

Once Again

I find myself here again blogging. Tiring of Facebook and all it's applications and neat features. I miss the good old blogging where I could write for pages and pages and know that at least somebody was reading it.

I miss the times when blogs were productive and beneficial to all who read. Why did we stop the personal reflection and conversation with our peers? Why are we settling for random comments on photos and pokes?

Yes, these are fun, but are they rewarding? I know it can be so convenient to just log-in and do something quick... I'm finding that those little quick things don't accomplish very much. Does anybody else miss the genuineness of writing something worthwhile?

Don't get me wrong, I know we're all busy. In past years, I never could really understand what it meant to not have time to go checking blogs and things. Now that I have a couple jobs I begin to see what it means to have a job and be soo busy. Yeah, it's cool to be able to let someone know you're thinking about hem with a quick "hug" or something. I just think that possibly in the 10 minutes it takes to load SuperPoke pages or wall posts, we could be writing something meaningful for all to see.

I don't know... On one hand I even think this suggestion itself is unreasonable, but what are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey I think facebook is awesome but it's so completely different than the blogs that they can't even really be compared.

It is kind of sad that the blogs are getting abandoned because there is something really great about them.

I do plan to keep mine up but I have to figure our computer out first.

Mel said...

I agree with you. But still...you said it, life is busy once you get a job. Extremely busy. At least mine is. I'd like to write more again but I think that I have changed too much in the past bunch of months or so to continue.

Aaron said...

Oh Oh! One more to add to the list of bloggers!!!

Change is good... It doesn't always feel like it, but I know what you mean...

Sometimes the hardest things to do end up being the best ones...