Sunday, December 9, 2007

Those Nights

I remember when
We used to laugh
About nothing at all
It was better than going mad
From trying to solve all the problems we're going through
Forget 'em all
Cause on those nights we would stand and never fall
Together we faced it all
Remember when we'd

[Chorus:]
Stay up late and we'd talk all night
In a dark room lit by the tv light
Through all the hard times in my life
Those nights kept me alive

listen to the radio play all night
Didn't want to go home to another fight
Through all the hard times in my life
Those nights kept me alive

I remember when
We used to drive
Anywhere but here
As long as we'd forget our lives
We were so young and confused that we didn't know
To laugh or cry
Those nights were ours
They will live and never die
Together we'd stand forever
Remember when we'd

[Bridge:]
Those nights belong to us
There's nothing wrong with us

I remember when
We used to laugh
And now I wish those nights would last

__________

Yeah, life's complicated. Time's are changing, even worse-people are changing. I just wish we could go back to some of those care-free times. Sick of certain tensions that build, and wish things could go back to the way they were. I'm not talking about any one individual, but yeah...

Awesome songs that get me through the week:
Comatose-Skillet
Breathe Into Me-Red
Can't Go On-Group 1 Crew
Forgive Me-Group 1 Crew
Those Nights-Skillet
The Last Night-Skillet

I love the way rock songs give that release. You know what I mean? Just this strain that builds up that can't get out, and it's soo awesome to be able to listen to these powerful songs that are Christ centered and give that rush. For every time there's a season, and lately I've needed these songs that express an anger and outrage at the way things are, and look to the way they should be.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Aww c'mon it's not that bad!

Someday you'll look back at this is "those carefree times..."

It's is kind of sad to see people growing up and kind of growing away at the same time, but what we have is more amazing then we can can even realize.

I do know what you mean though. Sometimes it is hard to really live in the moment, and often you don't really appreciate how good it is until it 'isn't.' :-)

Anyway I'll stop talking now.

Mel said...

Good song...and I love the template!

Aaron said...

Yeah, very true... Just need to look at the here and the now, and look to the future ^_^

Thanks Heidi :)

Err... it was a cool template, but it messed up all my codes :( I lost the blogging league script :(