Tuesday, January 8, 2008

After a lack of activity

Well, I know... I haven't posted lately. Well, I've had a lack of inspiration. I mean it's not like I have anything to post about, but it's just hard to come up with the words to describe.

I guess I should go in order. Christmas was really nice. We weren't running around to do turkey dinner with every distant relative, and had a great time just spending time with our family. It was great to just sleep in and wake up to a day of reflection and thankfulness. While not the main focus of Christmas, I got the unexpected gift of $200 for guitar lessons, and 6 months driving insurance! That was a big surprise for me.

Even more awesome was New Year's eve. If you weren't there or don't know: a bunch of us piled on over to the DeVissers for tobaggoning and an evening together. Great food, good friends, good times. While I missed the fact that not everyone was there that would make it perfect, we had an awesome prayer time. We don't do it enough, and it was really cool to pray in that kind of environment. Made me really open to the struggles and feelings of others, and also how to express my own thankfulness. On one hand it's a really personal thing you share with God, but on the other hand praying like that let's others into your life.

I really think that prayer time like that should be encouraged more. I talked about it with a couple of our yp and apparently "we've" tried it before I joined YPs, and it didn't work too well. I think that something like this really needs to take place in a large group so that there's more people who will open up. It provides an opportunity for those people who have problems expressing their thoughts and feelings publicly to express themselves in an open and Godly way.

Today I tried snowboarding, and I have mixed feelings about it. I was able to experience about 2.2 seconds of going down the hill without falling, and it was cool. For some reason I just can't co-ordinate and end up going down. I think I'm pretty happy with the fact I tried it, and I'll definetly try it again, but it's not my piece of cake. There's just something about being able to just fly down the hill without having to do bindings or worry about falling off the lift, etc. But it definetly is pretty cool, and now I think I respect you boarders who killed your butts(and heads) learning how to board :)

So right now I think I'm gonna go do some reading and then straight to bed, cuz I have to go to work and finish a biology assignment. I despise biology very much. It's not very hard, but there's a lot of questions, and err... Come to think of it, I don't appreciate school as much as I should :p

9 comments:

Mark <> said...

yeah a post....

that's awesome that you got that money for geetar lessons.... have you started???


and congratulations for a least trying boarding.....

you gotta stick with it if you really want to learn....

Janelle said...

Yea pray time is super awesome!! I really enjoyed it!

WOOOOT u finally respect us:D thats y i like ppl trying it so much! Glad u did!!

Aaron said...

I've got the form sitting on top of my guitar case to fill out when I get a momento.

Hey, yeah I'm definetly gonna try it again. I think I had some issues with the boots I had, cuz my feet hurt really bad-like worse than skating(must be bad then :)

Yup, kudos for keeping with it. Yet, I still like my blading :)

Mel said...

Hey you can fly down the hill on a snowboard too, you know. Way to go though!! Finally we're having some influence on the skiers...

:-D

It takes work...and you have to want to do it. btw, please tell me you're GOOFY?

Aaron said...

Yeah, I'd love to feel that. Maybe a motivation to keep going.

Oh, and don't think you've influenced us tooo much ;)

Yo, to tell you the truth I'm really not sure. I'm sooo confusled.

Mel said...

Ohhh, no eh? We'll see about that! ;P

Why are you confused about it?? Did you try both ways first to see what you're most comfortable with? Try this...stand by a set of stairs, and then take a step. The foot you put up first will likely be the one your most comfortable with having forward when snowboarding.

Mark <> said...

No you got that backwards!!!! The foot you put UP first is the foot that should be at the back of your board, controlling it.

Mel said...

Nope...actually, not.

Heidi said...

Melissa's right I am definitely goofy and I would always put my right foot down first.

Yes pray time was awesome. That's one thing I miss SO much from our missions trip is just praying together, it's one of the greatest ways of bonding with other people, even complete strangers.

It is scary at first but you have to stick with it for a bit and have a couple people who aren't afraid to pray and soon everyone will open up. It just takes guts at first and then you get used to it and totally love it.