Monday, November 5, 2007

"I'm Not Alright"-Sanctus Real

Song I totally love... I know I've been posting songs and stuff lately, but you know-music helps get me through the day.

"If weakness is a wound that no one wants to speak of,
Then cool is just how far we have to fall
I am not immune-I only wanna be loved
But I feel safe behind the firewall
Can I lose my need to impress?
If you want the truth, I need to confess

I'm not alright
I'm broken inside, broken inside
And all I go through
It leads me to you, it leads me to you

Burn away the pride, bring me to my weakness
Until everything I hide behind is gone
and when I'm open wide with nothing left to cling to
only you are there to lead me on
Because honestly, I'm not that strong

I'm not alright - I'm broken inside, broken inside
and all i go through - it leads me to you, it leads me to you

(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)closer to you
(and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved, and now i'm moved)

I'm not alright - I'm broken inside, broken inside
I'm broken inside, broken inside
and all I go through leads me to you, leads me to you

I'm not alright - I'm not alright - I'm not alright
Thats why I need you"

So I noticed somebody said they need an incentive to blog again... Well to tell the truth, it's totally personal. I mean blogging used to be amazing. Like today me and Ben were going through that post that Mel wrote way back in 2006! The one about music, and it's soo cool to see everyone's opinions, and look back at my own.

Blogs offer a way for us to look back at what we used to think, feel, and(unfortunately in some cases) look like. I personally don't keep a journal-I know I should-but I don't. Just the last couple days getting back into reading the blogs, and going over what I and others wrote in the past few years... it's just really cool to see the problems we had, and look now and see that God is soo good.

Nothing really specific that I'm talking about, but like for myself I looked back at my posts from my dad's heart attack and how out of control I felt. Now I can look back, and have more peace right now through looking at God's provision.

That's not my only reason for blogging, but I have to say that it's a pretty awesome one...

4 comments:

Mel said...

Hehe...that was me that said give me an incentive. I know that I said I wanted to start again...but I was looking at my blog the other day and it made me realize just how much I have changed. I'm not really the same person I was when I was keeping up that thing. Since blogging stopped, so many people have changed and although I would love to write my thoughts down somewhere, I just don't think my blog is the place to do it.

By all means, keep up your blog! I love reading stuff, when I have time, but like I said, for me to start up again...just don't think it would work. btw...who is that song by? Sounds really good...

Mel said...

lol I just read the title of your post...duh. Haha. Sorry, I'm tired...

Aaron said...

Hey yeah! But that's the cool part... K, might sound weird, but me and Ben were going over your blog the other day(we were looking for the big music post), and we noticed our own comments.

It's just really cool seeing your own growth eh? Like it doesn't have to be something deep-just like how your day's goin and what's goin on lately...

For instance like the truck and gas story you sent me...

Mel said...

Yeah...lol that was a good story eh. :-) So you did get that email then?

I dunno maybe I will start again. I'll ahve to think about it. It is kind of neat to look back and remember stuff, reading about it makes it seem like it was yesterday. We'll see.